Thursday, July 22, 2010

Early Retirement



I like to say that this move down south is my early retirement from Corporate America. Of course, I'll eventually have to get a new job. But for now I'm going to live off my savings and focus on doing things that I wasn't able to do with the distractions of working. So I've made an in-progress list of things I want to do during my "retirement".

Retirement list:
  • Learn Spanish
  • Go white water rafting
  • Volunteer at an animal shelter
  • Volunteer at a hospice
  • Foster an animal
  • Build a house with Habitat for Humanity
  • Do a cleanse
  • Apply to school (write essays, request transcripts, take GRE etc.)
  • Buy a bike (and use it)
  • Turn our house into a home
  • Submit jokes to late night shows
  • Read 20 books
  • Donate to Goodwill
  • Find the gays - befriend them
  • Throw a dinner party
  • Grow a garden
  • Learn to cook (better)
  • Write a business plan (top secret project)
  • Give up bottled water
  • Lose 10 lbs
  • Take a road trip to New Orleans
  • Get South Carolina driver's license

No comments:

Post a Comment